Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Overindulging is a habit

I did it again. I ordered food, and instead of going healthy I went with what tastes good. Crab Rangoon, Beef Teriyaki, and Boneless Spare ribs, of course with some fried rice. If that wasn't bad enough I didn't finish when I was full, I just kept going. It's the same routine, if we're ordering food I go with taste, luckily we don't order out often. But this is still something that I need to change, the idea that I deserve a treat when we eat out has to stop. Why isn't the treat of not cooking enough? I need to make it enough, I can make this change.

On the small victories side of things I did eat well up until dinner. I also managed to not finish up my Chinese food feast with a Nutter Butter, I stared at it, thought about, and almost decided to say screw it. I mean, come on, I just ate all that other crap, what's a few more calories, and a bit more fat? I ate Jello instead. I read a quote once, and I have no idea who it's by, or how exactly it went, but it was to the effect, "Dieting/being healthy/exercising is like brushing your teeth. If you forgot to do it today, you're not going to say screw it tomorrow. You're going to get up and brush your teeth again." That helped me choose Jello over the Nutter Butter, because I truly do want to make changes.

Now for my embarrassing secret. I put fat free Cool Whip on the Jello. I think Cool Whip is disgusting, the fact that it's manufactured just gives me the creeps. But I still eat it. Which is completely hypocritical of me because I would NEVER let my kids eat the crap. I keep it hidden in the freezer, out of the sight of my kids, and any person who may stop by and open my freezer. I was raised on good old fashioned whipped cream, typically made from heavy whipping cream; so how could I harbor fat free Cool Whip in my freezer!?! It's not something I'm proud of, and is another thing I plan on changing in order to become healthier; eating less preservatives, and manufactured crap. But I'm taking baby steps here, so for the time being I will continue to hide Cool Whip in my freezer and occasionally eat it on my Jello basking in the glory of not having eaten the Nutter Butter.

2 comments:

  1. ok, 1. cool whip?? yuck. Shame on you LOL chuck it out! I'm (mostly) kidding...

    2. have you considered weight watchers or something? you can get a free 7 day online trial which will give you everything you need to get started, I quit after the week and am doing it now on my own for free. If you have a smartphone there is also WWdiary, a free app that does most everything the WW website does, I love it! It really does keep me accountable, I have lost weight and enjoyed chocolate and all that good stuff along the way, you just gotta track it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do hide my Cool Whip because I am so disgraced by it!

    In the past I have used MyDailyPlate.com, and did really well. But I get a little obsessive and perfectionist about it, so when I do screw up I just quit so I don't have to face the screw up. I will likely start tracking soon, but right now I want to slowly get into the groove. Not binge eating at night is my first major hurdle before I even think of tracking.

    ReplyDelete