Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 went well, for me at least. Any hardcore health nut out there would still have a coronary, but for me I was good. I worked at the family store last night and only ate a Cliff bar while there. That's a feat for me, especially since I sit there staring at candy bars, chips, and every other kind of junk food imaginable. That's one of my many weaknesses; picky foods, especially at night. A bag of chips, a king size candy bar, no problem. So for me to sit there for 6 hours and not eat them was a huge feat of strength.

That being said I came home had a healthy dinner and ate a huge slice of carrot cake. In my defense it was Cheryl's carrot cake, which is the pinnacle of carrot cake. The only bad thing about Cheryl's carrot cake (besides the fat and calorie content which I am blissfully unaware of) is the fact that no carrot cake will ever be good enough again. You are no longer able to order a slice of carrot cake from a bakery or restaurant because it is so pathetically bad compared to Cheryl's; your taste buds will just not tolerate the second rate cake.

OK in reality I would still eat the second rate carrot cake because that's what I do. I eat. I eat when I'm hungry, I eat when I'm full. I eat when it's delicious, I eat when it's not that good. I eat to reward myself, I eat when I want a pick me up. Food is my security blanket, it's my go to addiction. I'm admitting it, and now I'm working on changing it. I quit smoking, I can quit over eating and comfort eating. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment