Friday, February 18, 2011

Exercise is a 4 letter word

So yesterday while one child was at preschool, and the other was napping I decided it was time to brake out the Wii Fit. I hadn't used it in quite some time and was dreading the fact that it keeps track of that information. But despite all that, I decided to face the music, hook the Wii up to the TV, and dust off my balance board. After changing a slew of batteries and figuring out what channel the TV needed to be on I was set to go. The Wii promptly informed me that it had been seven hundred and some odd days since I last used it. Sounded about right. Then it went on to inform me that I was now a lovely 12 lbs heavier than I was seven hundred and some odd days ago, and that I was no longer over weight. I am now the proud owner of the title obese. Yay.

In my defense I have been pregnant and had a baby within those seven hundred and some odd days. In the machines defense that baby is going to turn 1 in less than 2 months.

Once I got through the initial brow beating, I did 30 minutes of exercise, some Yoga and some Aerobic fat burning. It did feel good, unfortunately I can tell that I am even more out of shape than I thought, which means today I am sore. Both kids are home today, but if by some miracle they take a nap at the same time I'll probably do some Yoga, I forgot how good Yoga makes me feel.

So I took another baby step by exercising. And last night when I looked at the junk food the thought entered my mind that I had earned it, but I realized I am obese due to my earned treats, so I ate some rice cakes instead. I still snacked, but it was a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment