Thursday, February 17, 2011

A big change is coming

After over 3 years of being a stay at home mom, and sometimes a real estate agent, I will be re-entering the workforce at the end of this month. I am excited, and terrified, and a whole host of other emotions. I am excited for the adult interaction, am nervous about being able to hack it after so long out of the loop, but I'm ready. I will be working part time nights, so I will still be home with my girls most of the time. This just means Daddy is going to be doing bed time a few nights a week, and getting a crash course in dinner making.

This will be good for me healthy eating wise as well, I tend to eat a lot better when I think someone other than my immediate family will see me. I feel like people are watching and thinking, "look at that fat lady, if she just shut her mouth she'd be losing weight." Probably because that's what I'm thinking about myself. I will also have access to an on-site gym. I'm sure it will be a bit before I take advantage of that, but it's there for me when I'm ready.

In milestone news, to celebrate my new job  I did not eat a huge dinner, or bake myself a dessert as a reward. I ate a normal dinner, then when I was hungry later I ate a healthy snack. I did cave and have a large bowl of popcorn while watching Survivor, and it was not the healthy kind. But it still wasn't the Nutter Butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment